Senior Data Engineer
About the role
As a data engineer, you will build and maintain our data platform to support the works of the data scientists. You will work with data scientists to design and develop reliable data pipelines to support big data processing in Amartha. In addition, you will have the chance to play around with state of the art big data tech stacks to solve real business problems.
- Working with data scientists to translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain batch and streaming analytical data pipelines.
- Deploy and maintain services to support the Amartha data platform.
- Control the data access across the organization.
- Design data models that can be used to quickly extract high quality insights.
- Research the latest data engineering tools and techniques to continuously improve the data process in Amartha.
The qualifications that you must have:
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in engineering or quantitative fields.
- Well versed in developing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Good knowledge in data engineering concepts such as ETL, ELT, dimensional data modeling, MapReduce, etc.
- Experienced in programming using popular programming languages such as Python, Java, etc.
- Experienced using open source big data tools like Spark, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- Familiar with good practices in building production grade code.
- Familiar with networking and setting up user permissions in AWS or GCP cloud platforms.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong resolve on tackling challenging and uncertain problems